Wanted to share a blog post about our Maui trip. We did a baby moon with Aria to Big Island, HI and I’ve missed Hawaii so much since then. We decided to go to Maui this time because neither Meesh or I have been there. My cousin went there couple months before me and recommend a lot of good spots to eat. I was almost 7 months pregnant and did not do the Road to Hana. You’ll need to rent a car and it’s a full day trip but definitely worth it! We stayed at the Westin in Ka’anapali. I loved the beach access and there are a lot of different restaurants and shops that are walking distance. Unfortunately, the lobby and 2 main pools were under construction but we were mostly at the beach.
Here is the list of the best food spots:
- The Gazebo (10 min drive – must get the macadamia nut pancakes with the coconut syrup and small order of fried rice, portions are huge) ALWAYS a long wait.
- Dukes – banana macadamia nut pancakes are the best!
- The fish market Maui
- Star noodle: for lunch or dinner. Always busy.
- Hula grill: best dish is firecracker fish. Seating in the sand has cheaper menu.
- Leilanis: good fish tacos. Across from Hula Grill.
- Monkey Pod: great happy hour for appetizers and drinks.
- Mamas Fish House (tons of reviews and the most famous restaurant in Maui )
- The Mill House Maui – absolutely gorgeous place! It’s located on huge plantation. So much to see and great coffee shop and restaurant.
- Kimos – beautiful ocean view
- *kimos, Leilani’s, dukes, and hula grill are all owned by the same people – must get the HULA PIE! It’s the best!!
- Ululanis- best shaved ice
- Island Vintage
- Island Vintage Coffee – great iced lattes.